Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Restaurant in Riyadh: Ketchenation Restaurant Riyadh



Restaurant in Riyadh: Ketchenation Restaurant Riyadh
Kitchenation has to search for the coolest café in Riyadh be. I can not believe it has taken me so long to put in place the Tahalia Street can be found. Granted, it is tucked away in the new Mira Hotel between the more casual clothes restaurants wa Zaatar time and Elevation Burger hidden. It has also only been in the last five months and last month I again twice - once alone and once with a group.

Think A walk through the lobby to the cafe is almost, "it will be a boring old hotel cofffee business." But if you go around the corner and the color jumps on you almost that make you stop and go "Whoa". When I crossed the threshold into the cafe right for the first time that I could not help smiling at the eclectic collection of colored chairs and cushions around wooden tables. On the walls, shelves with a seemingly random display of knick-knackery, some old and historical views, while some are looking for used and pre-loved. In the midst of a scroll of brown paper is being written to the philosophical sayings. It's all very eye-catching and well, funky. Funky is used usually not a word to describe something in Saudi.


On the one hand, the Cafe is a counter with a range of sweets that you twice, just to make sure that you see things, how well each is displayed on a colorful set of mismatched cups and bases, with the sweets only identifiable by their handwritten name on wooden blocks. The pavlova dreams are huge. What are the macaroons sitting in their clever containers that I can not always decide is a snake or hollowed turtle!


The menu is so colorful and has an almost childlike quality with quite an extensive choice for a hotel cafe. Once seated the placemats are an entertaining game that you occupied and absorbed in laughter and conversation until you arrive keeps your meals.

As hotel food goes, it's pretty good - tasty and well presented. The Crispy prawns and crispy shrimp salad were both very satisfying as appetizers and cooked to perfection. The chicken strips are easy to share with others. The pizzas are huge and a doggy bag was required by our group at the end of our meal. Being on a bit of a diet the day I went with friends who I opted for Chicken Caesar and liked the chicken breast on the side of my plate, juicy waiting for me to add it to the salad itself.


Not in my diet the day I went alone, desert was an absolute eye candy treat. And would not you know it, that's exactly when my phone ran out of battery, so I did not get to take a photo. I would have chosen the smaller pavlova dream served with fruit and it was artfully presented decorated in a chocolate sauce and flower on a plate. Not and decided maybe I could come another day for this desert and make sure that I my camera - I sat looking at it for a few minutes whether I should go and charge the phone to take a picture !

I have not only enjoyed my meals to Kitchenation, but the surrounding area. It would be great if the funky surrounds also been relaxed smiling service. Not that the service does not come with a smile. It did. But it's just that Saudi Arabia and the staff in most restaurants is always to look for spots in fear of losing their jobs if they do not say anything, or drop a fork. A bit of hilarity along with the Kitchenation order acceptance would not have come at a more pronounced evil cafes I to Riyadh.

No comments:

Post a Comment